ICQ - AD FREE!!!
How to make ICQ2000a or 2000b free of those annoying banner ads.
ICQCore.dll for ICQ 2000b 4.63 Build 3279
- Download the modified ICQCore.dll for your version of ICQ (check what you
have by clicking the ICQ button -> Help -> About).
- Close ICQ.
- Go to your ICQ directory and rename icqcore.dll to something else (like
icqcoreoriginal.dll) - this will be your backup.
- Unzip the new ICQCore.dll into the ICQ directory.
- Go to Start -> Run, and run regedit
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Mirabilis -> ICQ ->
Change AutoUpdate to "No".
- Browse to your ICQ directory, and then to the Partner directory (only
present if you've been getting the SMS banner)
- Find partner.xml and open it up in notepad. Delete everything there and
save the file. Right click the file after saving -> Properties, and make
the file read-only.
- Startup ICQ and enjoy your banner free lifestyle :)
ICQCore.dll for ICQ 2000a 4.30 Build 3141
If you have 2000a or 2000b and it's not one of the versions above - ummm...upgrade.
a copy of 2000b.